Tuesday, February 23, 2010

this kinda sorta maybe has nothing to do with the Bachelorette

I have lived in Vegas my entire life.

I was born in Vegas. I took my first steps in Vegas. I had my first date in Vegas. I graduated high school in Vegas. I even danced in Vegas... not what it sounds like but who am I to stop your imagination from rolling with that one?

Of my 26 years of existence, seven of those years were spent in college. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I have heard all the jokes. Get in line with the "Tommy Boy" quotes you guys for I have heard them a myriad of times. YES those that go to college that long are called doctors and NO I am not one of them. There. I cleared that up for you. Tada. And I digress.

Not many of you know but I went to BYU where I received my Bachelor of Arts in Dance. Mhmm. In Utah. Now, I know what you're thinking. Dance sounds like an easy major, but I could grand jeté your face off if you dare call it such. This argument could be another post entirely so I'll save it for another time. Cool? Cool.

Anyway, I'm sure you could put the two together. Seven years + BYU = life in Utah for SEVEN years. Most of you might think that I'm crazy for surviving Utah that long but I'll tell you what, I absolutely loved living there. I want to move back. HEY! Don't judge me. I know Vegas is great but there are just things in Utah that aren't in Vegas and vice versa.

You don't believe me? Fine. Here.

PROS TO LIVING IN UTAH!
*My BESTESTEST friend lives in Provo as well as many of my other close friends I adore *and* love.
*My two sisters, their husbands, and 10 children all live up there.
*BYU campus. Nuff sed.
*I would have a place to live, maybe two.
*Paradise Bakery, Chick-fil-A, and Zupas.
*The gorgeous mountains.
*They have Sonics up there so I can still be addicted to my Happy Hour 44 oz Coke with lime slices.
*I could teach dance at BYU again. *Could*
*LDS Temple Square. So beautiful.
*It's only five hours from Vegas.
*If I wanted a Neapolitan shake from In-n-Out I don't have to drive to St. George or Vegas for one.
*My hair curls better up there.
*I have a good feeling about moving up there.

PROS TO LIVING IN VEGAS!
*I have great friends and leadership at church.
*Metro Pizza, Macayos, Raising Canes, Panera Bread Co...Can't live without them for too long.
*The best dang Slurpees are found a mile from my house as well as Retro Bakery. I just adore the Maple Bacon AND Red Carpet cupcakes. To. Die. For. You guys.
*My parents, my only brother, his wife, and 2 boys live here.
*I know every gas station that sells Hot Fries.
*It doesn't snow here like it does in Utah.
*I have a job.
*Express is far enough away that I don't get *as* tempted to go shopping there.
*Amazing buffets.
*Disneyland is only 4 - 4.5 hours away.
*I have a semi-good feeling about staying here.

CONS TO LIVING IN BOTH PLACES!
*The drivers suck.........hard.
*Bumpits.


I'm torn on where to live. I have great opportunities in Vegas *AND* in Utah. I want to move back but I want to stay put yet I really want to move back. This is what the Bachelorette must feel like as she chooses between two men - two options - that could both benefit her. However, the couple never stays together so I'm basically screwed right now aren't I? Maybe I'm not supposed to live in Vegas or Utah.

California, anyone?

6 comments:

Lanie Ree said...

I think being on a touring dance team is a good reason to stay in school for a very long time. How many people have toured other countries? Not many.

So if people look at you funny when you tell them how long you were in school, just say "I was busy touring the world" and dare them to top that.

Phil Villarreal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alli Easley said...

You're moving away from The Target, sister. Let's say it together: Cah-lee-FOR'-nyah

Bethany and Thomas said...

Forget them both. Come to Virginia. We have Bumpits here too. Oh wait... that was a con. There are, however, whole isles in Walmart solely for cool black hair care products. So there.

Lyd said...

Dang these decision making times. I'm in one of those as well. Good luck to ya!

Lark said...

Don't worry...I took 5 1/2 years to be a dance major...and it takes doctors way longer than 7 years of school, trust me, I know.
Good luck with your decision!