Saturday, February 13, 2010

I Could Write About....No. Or Perhaps About....No. Or...

I blogged once this week. Once. I'm not too happy about that at all but only 11 people read my blog anyway so I don't even know why I'm complaining. Sometimes I wonder why I even update my blog but I do it because it's nice to let my fingers empty my brain every once in a while.

This is usually how my blogging experience goes. I'll sit and stare at this for 2378342 minutes, well, not always with a Wyclef Jean tab at the top. Joyous. And then I just flip through my brain's files looking for something to write about. I wish I could spit out everything stuck in this huge noggin of mine. Trust me, there is a lot going on in there. Then, I find something to write about but strangely it never ends up on my blog. Story of my life.

(omg I can't even get this post out because my nephews keep complaining about their video games and I have to get up every 5 minutes to fix something or to change games or to dry some tears or to change the game to a movie.) *sigh* Ok, so...

I could write about how I hate my job. It's boring. It's uncomfortable at times. I feel I am over qualified to sit in front of a computer and hit the arrow keys and 10 key all day but it's something for the moment so I roll out of bed every morning because I "have" to.

I could write about how my duties at church are stressing me out because I want the activities we plan to work and I rush around making sure everyone is happy. Or how planning and preparing for the weekly activities wears me out. Nah. That's just too boring.

I could write about a discussion we had at church last week.

I could write about how I have 20 books in my room that I need to read but instead I spend my free time either sleeping or sitting on Twitter and facebook all the live long day. I should probably get around to doing that, which reminds me that I should also get around to cleaning my room and doing laundry. I guess that shall be my Valentine's Day activity.

OH! Speaking of Valentine's Day! I could write about how my dating life has been as dry as the Sahara desert. And *just* when I think I like a guy something happens and then he's gone. A mirage. It's not that I am freaking out because I don't have a boyfriend, it's that I wouldn't mind getting out every once in a while for fun. I need to start getting out more. I know that. But I'm 26 and....I should stop here. I think I just found a possibility for my next post.

7 comments:

Phil Villarreal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alli Easley said...

I have tried to blog for about oh...5 months. I blogged way back in the day EVERY DAY from 2003-2006 and had a zillion followers but guess what. You burn out. I'm there with you sister, and when I say "sister" I mean it in every possible way because you're my real sister in real life, not just in "god's own way".

Lyd said...

I know how you can solve your problem. Drive to, say Utah, for the day and then drive right back home. I just did that. Well, I was in Utah Friday night and I just got back into Rexburg about an hour ago. Lots of time to think. Coldplay was my music of choice and let me tell you, tons of thoughts came to mind and I am blogging about them, but saving them unpublished for a later date. :)

Lyd said...

...I just wrote a blog that won't be published until late September. haha

Christopher said...

Quick write the next blog while it is fresh in your head and save it for another day.

I blog everyday but I am sure most of it is a waste of time. I am shooting for quantity ;)

Mike said...

Writers are not machines. They hit lulls from time to time, and things like life tend to happen in big ways. Don't worry about always having something to post, blogs get blogged....one way or another.

Oh, and don't let Valentine's get you down. It's only one day out of the year. :)

Chandy said...

Guh. Do I know that sit-and-stare feeling. I've got 6 different drafts currently running just for all my separate stare-moods.

Here's to fixing that!
-Chase