Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Ash's Deleted Scenes

I found this as I was looking at my post list this morning. This draft was born on March 3, 2009. I realized that I never finished it so today I decided to just post what my little fingers put down. It is really dusty too so do not judge.

"Stake" and Eggs

This past Saturday was probably one of the most productive days I have had in a long time. I got up at 7:30 a.m., worked out with my roommate Ellyne, came back at 9 and cleaned until noon. We were both so beat that we just relaxed for a while and watched 90210 and Being Erica on the Soap Net. At 3:30 Alyssa/Aurora/Polly Pocket/Odette/Giselle came over to play or in other words her mom dropped her off because she had to work a shift at Brick Oven that night. Alyssa is a cute lil 5 year old that is in my roommate's kindergarten class...we babysit her every Friday. It can be tons of fun but at times I want to pull my hair out and I'm not even the one that is fully responsible for her. We just have to remember that she is just a 5 year old and a very cute one at that.

Later that night was the evening session of Stake Conference. Jordan, Ellyne, the 5 year old and I all went together. Alyssa, I mean Giselle, even wore her witch costume from Halloween to our Stake Conference Saturday night session, cape and all. Did we care? No. We aren't her parents. She can do what she wants.


K now to the POINT of my post!!! I am not one to take notes in sacrament meeting at church but when I go to devotionals, firesides, or stake conferences (especially here at BYU) I take notes in a lil $1 notebook from Target. I'm just going to say that I heard some of the most inspired words I could have at this point in my life. The first speaker was this tall, handsome black guy in my ward. OH MY GOODNESS! He is so cute. His name is Emmanuel, he is from Boston, and he served his mission in Zimbabwe. So cool, right? His main message was on obedience. He mentioned how obedience is a sign of our faith and how it shows our trust in the Lord. He then read Mosiah 3:19. Within this scripture one can see that King Benjamin mentions how we should be as a child, and be WILLING to submit to all things that the Lord puts in our path. We should have faith in what the Lord wants us to do and obey him in every aspect. E. then mentioned how we should be like the 'wiseman' in the primary song and build upon the rock of obedience. The greatest example we have of this is the Savior. He was obedient to the will of the Father. Everyday. Without fail. And what is obedience again? A sign of our faith.

7 comments:

Lyd said...

Oooo!! I love this!! Thanks for posting it! :D

Lyd said...

I like your template, ps. Where'd ya get it?! I need a new one!!

ashleyO said...

Top left corner ;)
Cutest Blog on the Block dot com

Glad you liked it! It was only about 1/5 of what I wanted to post too.

Lyd said...

Duh. I must have been scrolled down so I didn't see it. :)

ashleyO said...

heh. No worries.

Did you see that I mentioned you in the post beneath this one?

Chaos Painted Masterpiece said...

:) Ah the simple principles of the gospel. They all fit together so nicely. Haha.

Lyd said...

What? I need to read it! :D