Wednesday, March 26, 2008

My Fierce Lil' Vacay

It's my turn to put up my toes from the mini-Girl's Night Out that Eliza, Kjersten, Susan and I had last Thursday. Here they are! My "Apple" Glitter Toes.


I just couldn't be happier. I know my picture is sucky but I'm just hiding my leprosy feet. :) Oh and I'm totally obsessed with pedicures except when I get ticklish oops lol. But it was tooootally worth it. Of course getting green toes was perfectly fitting for my weekend. VEGAS BABY!!! Yes! I went home to Vegas last Friday. It was pretty much my "mini-Spring Break." That trip home was not only short but very much needed. I usually have rehearsals on Saturday mornings but this weekend I had NONE! So, I made a few phone calls of approval and made my way down there after my classes. 5 hours later I made it home safely. It's totally tradition to go out to eat once getting into Vegas. Can you guess where mom, dad, and I ate? If you guessed Macayos then you are totally wrong. Metro? WRONG!!! Chello! Red Robin, of course!!! I usually get me my all time favorite A-1 Peppercorn Burger but I ordered a NEW favorite: the BLTA Croissant. There is nothing like devouring crispy bacon, shredded iceburg lettuce, fresh ripe tomatoes, and perfectly firm avocado layered between a ginormous buttery qwasaun'. No mayo or cheese for me. Who needs all that mess? I'm pretty sure the best part of the order is that it STILL comes with Bottomless Steak Fries. I don't care what they say but those steak fries do NOOOT leave me bottomless no matter how many I eat. Now that's what I call false advertisement! (jk)

After dinner, mom and dad went to the theater (of course) while I went out in the middle of no where to watch The Guardian with my boy Kody and Kody's friends Derek and Kristen. That was quite adventurous but fun. I've never watched a movie in the desert overlooking the sparkling lights of the city. I'd do it again. :) Now I can say I've done it AND seen The Guardian. Both firsts for me. I'm sad that I got to Vegas later than I wanted because I didn't get to do much that night but at least I got to spend my weekend in Vegas.

Saturday already? Yup. The sunny morning started off with mom and me endulging in nothing more than March Madness while dad was off getting his hair did. COLLEGE BALL IS SO FUN TO ME!!! Anyway, I showered up while dad stopped by Target on his own to go and buy Easter candy. As many of us know he loves to wander :) He came home with a plethora of candy...and The Karate Kid, which came with a free headband just like Daniel's!!! I'm totally gonna sport it. Lunch time. Macayos--no. Metro--no. Mimi's Cafe--yes. I can't believe I still eat there even though I found a fatty rubberband in my tuna melt. EW I KNOW! After we ate mom asked if there was anything I needed since we were out. I mentioned how I'd like a new pair of jeans since the only pair I wear broke. I came out with not only new jeans but new shoes. Check out these cuties.
Aren't they fierce!!!?? Too bad that they make me 87 feet tall. But they were too cute to look over. Once I got home I got ready to go out that night with Kody. I went to his house and hung out with his fun family for a little bit then we took off to Planet Hollywood. Why you ask? Well, Kody got us tickets to go see Stomp Out Loud. Yes, it was my 3rd time seeing it ever but it is seriously one of my most favorite shows ever. We were sat in row Q in the second section of Orchestra but there was NO one in front of us. No bobbing heads. Nothing. Just the light and sound booth. I LOVE THAT SHOW!!! It never leaves me bored...ever! After the percussive fun times, Kody and I met up with Derek and Kristen to eat at the Cheesecake Factory at Caesar's. Yum! I love me some of their shoestring fries. :)

HAPPY EASTER! On Sunday I went to mom and dad's ward for sacrament. It was a very nice meeting. That ward is full of great people. I love it. Once the meeting was over I went home and packed up. Kody's mom invited me over to color eggs so I headed over there. Since his house is next to the 215 I thought I could just leave from there once I was done eastering it up. First thing we did was create my rocker girl on Rock Band. She's hot, not gonna lie. Then it was announced that the Easter Bunny came. Apparently, he knew I was there because he left me a bag full of candy (counting black jellybeans, my fave) and an extra lil surprise in a tree in their backyard. :) Cuteness. I seriously haven't done anything like that in years! Kody and I got back to finishing my rocker, Tink, and then it was time to dye eggs which I also haven't done in years. I made me some hot tie dyed ones with blue and pink while Kody made his traditional blended dye eggs. He mixes the dyes and the egg comes out all splotchy. Pretty cool if you ask me. In the middle of all this dad called me and told me that I forgot my Easter basket. I didn't know it was mine. I just kinda opened up some of the bags and took handfuls of candy. Oops. Once the eggs were done I had an hour left to jam with the boys on Rock Band. It's amazing how time flies when playing video games lol. 2:00 pm came too fast!!! I drove home to get my basket, fill up my gas tank, and drive all the way back to the 215 entrance. I HATE THE DRIVE BACK TO PROVO!!! I'm just gonna leave it at that!

Coming back to school is the worst! But I only have 3 more weeks. Then finals week. Then California!!! Woowoot! I'm counting down the days y'all. My paper chain is getting smaller and smaller making my smile bigger and bigger.

:D See!

14 comments:

Kody Odie said...

it was so much fun! hurry back to me!!

ashleyO said...

Hey. Don't rush me.

Kody Odie said...

im not rushing you im just missing you and wish you were here

ashleyO said...

Of course.

Alli Easley said...

I have one thing to say to you, and of course, it may sound preachy...

Enjoy everything that is going on in your life right now. The visiting, the schooling, the shopping, the going out to eat and spending quality time with Mom and Dad. At your age, I was about to have my 4th baby, paying a house payment and dealing with having kids in school, making dinner and cleaning my house. Thank you for reminding me about what awesome parents we have. I'd trade you for a day if you want. Just for one day though... ;) You come do my house stuff and let me go to dinner and shopping and March Madness with mom and dad. I'd rather do that right now than Disneyland! So enjoy it, you little stinkbrat.

Also, cute toes! I love the green...you brave little thing!

love ya!

ashleyO said...

I tooootally agree. That simple but fun stuff with the parentals isn't going to last much longer. I do cherish it. :) Hey, one day doesn't seem all that bad. I'd do it. lol

ashleyO said...

and nah it wasn't preachy. I agree with all you said.

oh and yes I'm brave to do the green. Especially with my yellow complection lol

Lyd said...

Funness!! I'm glad that you got to have a fun "mini spring break" too. Those are the baste. Not havin' tp worry about anything and knowing that school is almost over!! And I want some time like that. I feel like when I go home it's all the same...dinner, may be a movie, and sit around doing nothing. I'm a brat. I just need some friends.

-KJ said...

LOVE the shoes. I want me a pair!!! EEEEWWWWW on the bandaid! I think I puked a little in my mouth. I only like the muffins from there so that story didn't help. Blaspheme! That is for not going to Macayo. What is wrong wit you!
I would love a quick trip to Vegas too!

ashleyO said...

School IS almost over! 2.5 weeks baby! I know how you feel about needing friends. I'm all about that too!!! Yes the shoes are sooo cute. Target $23!!! And they have brown ones too. But I was wearing a green and yellow outfit that day and so I got that pair.

KJ no worries. It was a rubberband, not a bandaid. lol I LOVE ME THE BUTTERMILK SPICE MUFFIN! Too bad I left it in my parents fridge. Darn it. At least my dad sees it as a lil treasure for himself. I know its bad that I didnt go to Macayos. But I'll be there for 4 months so no worries!

-KJ said...

Oh, I meant rubber band. My friend found a bandaid. Pukes.
WHY did I think you were staying here for the summer? Maybe cause I thought your mom was gonna come up and partaaay again!

shauna said...

KJ...Maybe Ashley should come here and I should still come and partaaaay up there.

Eliza said...

hahahahah. mom. you would.

ashleyO said...

oh and that was me making that comment...i hate how i forget you are signed in on your own computer all the day...oops mah bad.