Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Happy Thoughts by Ashley Handy...I mean Oblad

I was talking to someone and they brought up a scripture...D&C 136:29.

This scripture is actually right after another scripture I hear a lot, being a dancer and all..."If thou art merry, praise the Lord with singing, with music, with dancing, and with a prayer of praise and thanksgiving." However, as cool as that scripture is, that is not the one I wanted to bring up. Verse 29 is the one the friend told me about and it reads, "If thou art sorrowful, call on the Lord thy God with supplication, that your souls may be joyful." How amazing is it that with the one little of action getting on our knees so much can be given in return. I think the one thing we forget when we pray is that we just ask and ask and ask and we forget that this is the moment we are 'one on one' with our Heavenly Father. He is there to listen. He is there to give (when we are ready). He is there to comfort but mostly He is there so our souls may be filled with joy as we pray. I must admit that there have been instances when I asked for certain things and I was frustrated with the situation STILL after I had prayed a myriad of times. We must not forget that our souls my be joyful in and out of prayer. No matter the situation, God wants us to be happy and this joy is given in return...

Anyway, sorry for the seriousness. It happens a lot on here, mainly because I just get these random moments in life that I'm sure some of you are either in or need to hear. I know that I've had that happen from some of your blog posts even when the whole thing was comedic. haha. I've just learned that I take things for granted sometimes and I learn so much from all of you...thanks!

I love you all!!!

~Ash

10 comments:

EmDab said...

*Snooglies*

I miss you. It's been DAYS.

ashleyO said...

I know!!! Had I been all cute and ready I sooo would have come to Zupas last night...darnit!

EmDab said...

Um so let's play tomorrow night or something. Or whenever, I donno.

Alli said...

I love you. Come here.

shauna said...

It makes me both sad and happy to see the mature things you said in your blog. My baby has grown up, I guess...And has grown up very well. It just makes me realize that you are an adult.

Just keep working hard like you promised Suzanne this summer and get this show on the road. You know that "endure to the end" means not just hanging in there, but hanging in there and enjoying the trip.

I love you!!!!!

Eliza said...

come over and play at my -ell -ole. Or we could go out too? Love you all the day!

-KJ said...

Good advice for us all, Ash!
Liza, I want to see pictures of your -ell -ole!

Alli Fantastico said...

I'll post pictures of the -ell -ole.

shauna said...

It is crazy to see all of our kids in such stressful situations and handling them so well. YOUO GUYS ARE ALL GREAT!!!

ashleyO said...

Yeah i try.....lol!!! you are great. you taught us well.