Friday, September 21, 2007

Heartburn, Nausea, Indigestion, Upset Stomach, Diarrhea

Um, so no I don't have any of these symptoms thank heavens. I just love to hate that song and those commercials. Who thought that people grabbing their butts whilst singing "Diarrhea" was a great idea for a commercial? This must be another reason why the French hate us Americans. Yet I must stand tall and say along with Lee Greenwood that I'm still definitely 'proud to be an American.' And I digress.

I am now the one getting sick. What the...? I hate getting like this especially since I have a dance show next week. Soooo not cool. I'm so angry. Boo.Hiss!!! I started getting headaches today...then came the yucky swallowing but just on the left side of my throat. But then my nose got all stingy when I sniffled and I can now feel yuckiness from my nose all the way down my throat. It feels like post nasal drip!!! BLECH. Oh and I can't forget to share that my ears are starting to clog up. All was well as I sucked down about 4 large mugs of Diet Coke at Chili's tonight with Emily! We just said KEEP EM COMING!!!...Now, all I can do to make my throat feel wonderful is eat some of Vermont' s Finest All Natural Ben & Jerry's Berried Treasure Sorbet. Can I just tell you that I am obsessed with this junk? It is a chunky blueberry and blackberry sorbet swirled with zesty lemon sorbet. Yum-o (said ala Rachael Ray)...you may proceed to sit on your couch and make fun of her now. Let me guess..."Yum-o" is the next word to be added to the dictionary. What the...?

So, I hope I get better fast because who likes to be sick? Not I said the Fat Hen.

33 comments:

Eliza said...

Did you eat your sorbet with a spoonula?

ashleyO said...

Ew you tripped out...spoonula is the worst of the worst. But since you asked, no I didn't eat it with a spoonula BUT I did throw it in my trusty GB, garbage bowl, that I keep by my bed because it saves me a trip to the garbage can.

Eliza said...

Ew YOU tripped out. BUT your sorbet does sound delish!

ashleyO said...

Yay! We're cool like that. Oh and the sorbet is fabulouso! The other kind is called "Jamaican Me Crazy." I also recommend that one. I believe it is Passion fruit sorbet with pineapple chunks in it. Delish.

Eliza said...

ohhh now mes gots to gets me a GB fah mah bedside.

Alli Fantastico said...

Make yourself some stoup and a sammie grilled in som E.V.O.O.

ashleyO said...

ewwwww...don't say Sammie. I just might have to come to Cali only to kick your teeth in.

EmDab said...

Ew. Everyone STOP talking like Rachel Ray. EW EW EW EW EW.

Now if you don't mind, I'm going to get myself some nibbily bits. Yum-o.

ashleyO said...

and its not Rachel...its Rachael!!! Neveh forgeet eet!

Lyd said...

Sad for the sickies! I hope that I don't get it! And Yum-o for that ice of the cream...uh sorbet. You told me about these! I must try them soon!

Lyd said...

Oooo! I'm listening to Haunted Mansion music and I just read "Welcome Foolish Mortals!" I love it!

ashleyO said...

woot woot!!! soooo much coolness coming from you right now. I love it. Um yes get your hands on this sorbet before I buy all the world has!

Dani said...

Hi I'm Dani and I don't make 30 minute meals! ;) Have to say for some odd reason I laugh sooo hard at those pepto commercials, esp the one with Godzilla covering his buns. Love it! I also adore the mockery of RR - although I have adopted some of her recipes. (and just for the record, if yummo ever slips out of my fingers it is said a la Syd the Sloth forever and always)

Alli Fantastico said...

My girls hate the R.R. because she always tucks in her shirt and wears a belt.

Jayci said...

you just pointed out one of my 'pet-peeve' commercials. I have to turn off the tv when those commercials come on - YUCK! Sorry you're feeling sick.. me too, actually. I think some of that sorbet sounds delish. Good luck with your show! or, wait, it already happened huh!

ashleyO said...

yes i hate those commercials as vell!!! no me gusta much!

-KJ said...

I think the worst commercial is the one about toe fungus. You know, the one where the little gremelin rips up the toe nail, climbs under and starts trashing the flesh underneith. SOOOO NASTY!

Taylor said...

Along those same lines I don't like the commercial for Tinactin. Where the football players foot comes to life it is so infected. It makes me shivuh

Alli Fantastico said...

ew

Lyd said...

Uh, no. The worst is the commercial where this nastay layday is walkin down a grocery aisle in her periwinkle undies lookin around like a moron. And then it shows her "after" she looses weight in a whole outfit. Gag. Weight loss pill commercials are the worst.

Dani said...

Now I'm glad I've not seen that one...yuck!

Eliza said...

Scariest commercial is the Wendy's one where they are all running to a huge hole in the ground....you have to see it. *shivahs*

Alli Fantastico said...

ew yes Liza, that freaks me out.

shauna said...

UH UH!!!! That Ugly Oreo Beard thing for the Domino's pizzas is the WORST. That dad makes me sick.

ashleyO said...

scary.

And this my friends, is why I have stopped watching t.v.!

Alli Fantastico said...

you ne'er blog, and that's unacceptable.

ashleyO said...

you never call me back and that's unacceptable!

Alli Fantastico said...

When did you call me?!?!

ashleyO said...

hahaha on Mike's berfday. then you did call me back but left a message and I called you back and left a message...so is the game we call 'Phone Tag'!

Eliza said...

Anyone want a red snappah?

ashleyO said...

i want fish.

shark like a fox said...

THE most annoying commercial in the world would be Rachael Ray holding her bum and singing "diarrhea"

ashleyO said...

oh she's got a point!!!!!!!!!! that would surely make me want to pass out on my keyboard just thinkin about it