Thursday, April 12, 2007

Can YOU tell the difference?

What is it with people and not being able to tell the difference between Coke and Pepsi? That's like not knowing the difference between sugar and salt...they look the same but they sure as heckfire don't taste the same! In my marketing class a couple weeks ago my teacher brought up a study where a HUGE majority of the sample couldn't tell the difference between the two. And I screamed outloud the following: "What!??? Oh I definitely can!!!" The people around me started laughing...*bows*...I mean I can even smell them apart. That's what we have to do when we eat at Training Table--"Okay, who had the Dr. Pepper? This one's definitely yours!" The cups aren't labeled...thanks to my nose we all get to eat happily without having to slurp down someone elses drink.

Maybe I just have some killer tastebuds or some awesome olfactory sensory neurons or something but I'm sure I'm not alone on this one...I'm not saying that I hate Pepsi, don't get me wrong, but I am just trying to make a point that they are easily distiguishable!!!

Please tell me that you agree with this one!

9 comments:

Eliza said...

I DO hate Pepsi and I am the smeller in my house. Curtis will sit there and drink away on my drink until I assume that he's got the right one and I then begin to drink mine and BLEHHHHHHH Dr. Pepper! and I'm all, "pshhhtttt" and he's all, "huh?" and I'm all, "uhh". Then I have to drink my half coke! DP is way to sweet for me...I prefer the diet version better. ANYWHO...you're NOT alone in this one!

Ash-ah-leee! said...

Yeah I knew that you're the same...I NEVER choose to drink Pepsi...I do hate it but I don't you see? anyway, crazy!

Mandy said...

i HATE pepsi and that is what my parents always had at home. i dont care much for coke but if i had to chose...coke for sure. and those people are morons if they cant tell the difference. its huge!!! i love dr pepper but after doing the whole diet thing for awhile it is way to sweet for me aswell. diet is for sure better! plus no calories to waste on something else like candy...or slurpees!

EmDab said...

Coke is more chrisp and biting, Pepsi is sweeter. I prefer Coke (a mix blend of leaded and unleaded when I'm at a fountain), but if it's not available (or Pepsi is on sale), Pepsi do me yoost fine.

And Shasta Cola is sick-nast.

Diet all the way, baybay.

-KJ said...

Those people are crack heads! I have a great sniffer. It is even more sensitive when I am prego. I think almost everything has a smell. Too bad I don't keep my house smelling better ;)!
I told my sister-in-law once that I loved the smell of Saran Wrap. She was like, "What? That has a smell?" I was thinking, "Do you have a nose?" Anyway, I can drink either. Nelson's are Pepsi drinkers and Christensen's are Coke drinkers. I also like an occasional DP but I do like the diet version better because it is not so sweet. Sorry O-balds.

Ash-ah-leee! said...

There's nothing wrong with Pepsi...hence why I didn't devote my hate to it...I know the Nelson's are Pepsi Peeps! I can see it now, your Sisk house fridge packed with caffiene free pepsi/diet pepsi...did you ever have Pepsi Free?

P.S Saran Wrap TOTALLY has a smell! It reminds me of valentine's day when my mom made those jelly filled heart cookies for seminary...oh and also easter too for some reason!

Lyd said...

Those people must be on crack! Everything has a freakin' smell! I can totally smell a difference, seeing as how I don't drink soda/pop. I get my tastes of drinks by smelling them!

Lyd said...

Oh yeah, and "Happy" Friday the 13th! What would you say Unlucky, Lucky, Happy, what?

Ash-ah-leee! said...

today on top of my final I wrote "Merry Friday the 13th!" in wide skinny letters..... awesome yes!